I've been trying to remove or just hide the dark circles under my eyes, i have had it for many years--since I was a kid. They say it can be a sign of anemia(iron deficiency)--which I have until now. I have tried different brands of concealer; avon,barenaturals,body shop, but still disappointed about the results,doesn't cover like I had hoped. I guess it's about choosing the right color of your concealer --that I've learned from watching make-up tutorial in youtube and i want it to share with you girls! ;)
- you should select a color that’s a shade lighter than your natural skin tone.
- If you want to cover dark under-eye circles, choose a color correcting concealer with yellow tones.
- To counteract skin redness , select a color corrector with green undertones.
- Concealer always applies before foundation!
- To give better coverage use cream and stick forms of concealer.
remember: use a clean finger to gently dab on the concealer using a patting motion. Avoid stretching or pulling on the skin. :)
Here are some of the best concealers based on what I have researched:
- Mac studio Finish
- Revlon Colorstay
- Maybelline Greatway Concealer
- Chanel Pro Lumière Correcteur
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer SPF 10
They are expensive, but from my experience if something is really cheap it is probably not going to work. ;)